Graph Web Application
The user interface component of Graph Portal is the Graph Web Application. The web application has all the required libraries of graph portal and graph database.
Graph Web application is an open source web application using graph-portal libraries. The UI component is mainly written in AngularJS and d3js and the server component in Java. The default implementation is using OrientDb as the database. Future versions of Graph Portal may support other graph databases and relational databases. The application allows customization without any programming changes. However, the graph web application is easy to tailor to your needs with some amount of programming. The graph portal application provides all the back end services are RESTful APIs. The customers can write their own GUI in any technology, if the out-of-the-box GUI is not sufficient.
The graph web application provides all the functions (as RESTful endpoints) to:
- Manage Nodes
- Manage Links (Edges)
- Manage Link Types (Edge Types)
- Manage web site look and feel (for branding, layout etc)
- Search Nodes
- Attach files
- Manage security authentication and authorization (User, Permission, Role, Service)
Node & Operations
You can perform various node and link level operations through the application. Here is a list of node operations.
- Create or delete a node
- Link or Unlink nodes
- Copy node to clipboard
- Attach files to nodes
- Create child or parent node from a node
- Run custom queries
- Search (Lucene Search) nodes
- View/Manage nodes and graphs in a visual editor
Users with proper permission can perform the following admin operations.
- Create or delete Page Fragments (Web Content)
- Create or delete Link (Edge) Type
Security Admin Operations
Users in "Admin" role can perform the security operations. The security functions are available in the URL http://host:port/context/sec-admin.html#/home
- Create or deactivate Users
- Create or delete Roles
- Assign Permissions to Roles
- Assign Permissions to Users
- Assign Roles to Users
- Assign Permissions to Services